Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sunday 23 November

Having seen the forecast and waking to the sound of rain I didn't expect to see many at Tillings. After refreshments Dave and I set off for an abbreviated ride to The Parrot at Forest Green via Abinger Hammer and Holmbury St Mary.

There were plenty of autumn leaves to admire - most of them were on the road, floating in the torrents which at times covered the road. Lunch was soon served at The Parrot - there were few customers at just past noon. After drying out (a little) but noting the rain hadn't stopped, we decided to venture forth and head for home. Unfortunately  this meant missing out on the last of the Capel cakes for this year - we didn't want to wait around for over an hour to 'opening time'.

We parted company at the top of Newdigate hill. I was looking forward to descending Henfold Lane but at the top I could see the road and entrance to the lake was flooded, as was the road a few yards further on, so a cautious descent was necessary. I arrived home at 14.30ish with less than 30 on my computer.

Terry 

No comments: