Saturday, December 26, 2015

Sunday 20th December 2015

A rainy day in late December brought out the highest attendance of the year so far (from October 2015).
As unconventional as you could get with a new venue for 11's.........a pub at West Byfleet (The Yeoman).
Unfortunately, there was a problem with the advertised breakfasts............they were lacking due to equipment breakdown.
So after liquid refreshment I took a route past Silvermere Golf Club to meet the A3 just north of the M25 junction 10.
Under the A3 to find a muddy lane that took us down to Ockham Lane.
Through Cobham where the rain came down.
Leatherhead - Barnet Wood Lane and the track across the railway to The Wells.
Lunch was at The Cricketers.

On the subject of The Wells estate, I came across this reply to a question regarding information on the merits or otherwise of Epsom.
The person was moving out of London due to a job relocation and had wondered the suitabilty of the area for a family.


"Having lived in Epsom for 18 months myself and my parents having bought there, I'd almost go against what people are saying above.

Yes there is the Longmead Estate, where people would rob their own gran for a fiver. Yes there are council estates but they are well contained.

I never felt intimidated at night at all and certainly have never had a knife pulled on me. That was New Malden.

Avoid Longmead estate, Hook Road, Watersedge and The Wells and go for places like Tadworth, Walton on the Hill, Epsom Downs which are very nice.

You'll only get a feeling for a place by visiting. Visit at night, day, during school runs etc and educate yourself on the area.

I certainly had no problems in Epsom even though I lived on Hook road which runs into the Longmead Estate."


No comments: