Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Sunday 10th April 2016









A new formula of ride today.
Basically short in distance but with more climbing than would be normal for a typical Sunday clubrun.
In part this was to allow for my mood changes associated with insomnia and visit a "new" cyclist's cafe at Bookham,which had a closing time of 3pm.
Although I was groggy in the morning,I had perked up by the afternoon.
The ride from Ashtead was via Headley and the wonderful Lodgebottom Road/Headley Lane to Rykas.
Past Chapel Farm and the ascent up to Ranmore.
White Down Lane to the A25.
Past Abinger Hatch to the triangle then Friday Street to..................Stephan Langton, Friday Street.
It was 12.20pm.The sandwiches looked tasty served on a wooden board with crisps and salad.
Ann returned to her bike to find a flat tyre.It was 1.30pm and I was aware that we had to push on so regretably, we left Ann & Steve to possibly meet later.
It was down to Ray, Janice, Lillian and myself to checkout the tea stop.
It's easy to miss.........around the corner from the parade of shops on the south side of the A246.
I was impressed for such a tiny cafe.
Friendly guy with possibly his girlfriend welcomed us.
Nice selection of cakes.
When I asked why there was limited publicity (it's been open two years) I was told Brian, the owner doesn't want hoards of cyclists because there is simply not enough room.

A fine day with a moderate easterly felt on the return.

Aldi has limited cycling featured this week.
Unlike Lidl, Aldi can deliver via their online site.
I ordered a Garmin Edge 25 (£109.99 at Wiggle) safely arrived today for the very reasonable sum of £79.99!















No comments: