Friday, February 08, 2008

Sunday 3rd February 2008


A plethora of bikers out this morning including John M who I caught just before the White Down descent.
An (always) crowded Lucky Duck but I managed to pull a chair up to join Bob,Terry,John & Dee.
Both Petes and Irene surfaced followed by leader Steve,Ed,Graham,Mike,Tony,Pete & Daphne.
After a coffee and 2 refills(£1.80)it was an all male affair for the short hop to the Little Park Hatch nr Cranleigh.
Most were attracted by the sit down menu including your C & M Sec,although not me.I was happy enough in the untidy garden,sitting on one end of a see-saw.
The resident caged birds seemed content albeit one seemed to have an unhealthy appetite for the plastic windbreak.
Graham took to selling Tanhurst Lane as the obvious route over the hill with almost entirely everybody suffering as a result(Did I see the leader get off half way up?).
One of my favourite descents (from Coldharbour) and Dorking where I parted company to get my barnet cut,the rest opting for Denbies.

45 miles (from Ewell).
Ave spd 12.6 mph


The photo is from 07/10/07 -Shepperton Lock.Sorry for image quality-it's from a negative.

No comments: