Monday, May 19, 2008

Sunday Ride 18 May (& a lovely day it was too)











By permission of Tartan Socks I submit a few pictures. My day started with a frantic dash to start the Tadworth Court Charity for for the children. Having made my donation I rode with some friends from Ford Dagenham Motors in Banstead via Epsom Downs, Epsom to Malden Rushet. I met one guy Peter Marshall ?? who said he was on the Gary Smith tour of Majorca and met with Jake!
At Malden Rushet I bid my mates a fond farewell and made a mad dash for Bear Green just catching the C&M largish group finishing coffee. WE then left for luch at Slinfold via and old railway track, which Andy C explained the history of. I knew nothing of this and so contribut a few photo's. The railway bridge is very interesting in that it has 2 levels, the bottom level, one assumes being a bit of a "Cock-up" if you will excuse the expression, as can be seen. The plaque gives some history. Lunch was good followed by tea, where it turned quite cold hence my wrap. For me 58mls and I felt fit after my 370mls "Trial by Jura", and 2 points for a turnout what a bonus.

No comments: