Sunday, October 05, 2008

5 October 08 - Post Scriptum


As Graham says, a most enjoyable cud was chewed in the Courtyard Cafe as we quietly steamed away.Serious intelligence was passed that the Frog and Nightgown does not provide food. I therefore armed myself with a double flavour muffin to munch for lunch in some inconspicuous corner beneath the hem of the nightgown. Then, an unfortunately timed precautionary visit to inspect the Courtyard's facilities - not long - but long enough for that vote to be taken whilst I was in absentia (or more precisely in lavatorio). It was time for the off ,to gown up and depart. Some of the party were clearly heading home. However, by the time I was caped up, not a spoke to be seen. Could I catch them up? But however hard I pedalled, not a sign of spray from a back wheel on the horizon. So it was from North Holmwood to Henfold to Newdigate to Rusper to Wimland. By heavens, they must have been going at a lick! At last the F&N but no sign of any familiar bikes from the C&M. Where are they? Have they added in a few extra miles? Puzzled once again, I reflect on the loneliness of the short distance cyclist as I wend my way homeward for an early shower and comforting cup of Earl Grey to sup with my somewhat soggy muffin.

No comments: