Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Sunday 4th January 2009


My run to Dormansland and just 3 at NC,Adam,John & Jeff but wait........in the distance I clock our secretary.But oh dear.........he'll be returning to wence he came......something about it being too cold.
Well it is -5 and keeping warm will be a challenge today.
Westerham we arrived by the way of Purley and the climb that is Downscourt Road.Normally feared but today I relished in it's power to pump blood to my extremities and relief from the bitter cold.
I joined Bob,Ian & Simon to talk about the economy.........yawn and Simon's new venture - opening a bike shop.....................and closing it a few years later!
Everyone followed to lunch,via Crockham and lanes south to "The Old House at Home".Ice encountered but no fallers.
After an alfresco sandwich or soup - £4.25,the majority made for D'land BR leaving Ian,Jeff and myself to sample Fanny's (free) marmalade tarts.
Around 50 miles and mild frostbite.

No comments: