Monday, September 07, 2009

Sunday 6th September 2009




I arrive at Hookwood Tesco to find Jeff awaiting the loan of my (very) cheap lock.Once inside,it was the long trek to the cafe via the cycle stuff,computers and satin emulsion paint.
Ed arrived via Chalk Lane,Epsom and our number totalled 13.
Stephanie headed back,we continued to Wasp Green (The Castle).Apparently,Judi Dench lives nearby in a house surrounded by five acres.
I was previously aware of teas on the green at Buckland today and it didn't take too much persuasion as our leader had not a good word for our Fanny......."She don't like me.....she accused me of not paying"
I led via Lonesome Lane,and the track that skirts Reigate Heath Golf Course.It was here my memory failed me and we soon retraced to go the left of Ivy Cottage.
We regrouped at Dungates Farm where Lawrence had a screw leave his rack & Paul's front mudguard proved unbreakable but pretty mishaped.
The tea stop was a very local affair with around 100 people enjoying the event,monies going toward the Christmas lights in the village.


Autumn Ripley Cycle Jumble...........Saturday 26th September 2009.

No comments: