Monday, April 26, 2010

Sunday April 25


The thump of rain on window pane greeted me as I awoke but it was light drizzle as I start off. Four made the 14 mile journey to Runnymede where we were made to fight for our places by a coachload of LOLs. Here I discarded my waterproof for the day and eventually nine stalked me into Datchet, Eton and Dorney. Roughstuff, namely NCNs 4 and 52, got us past the Olympic rowing facility, across the Thames to Fifield and onto the Drift road. The lane past the still boarded up Royal Oak in Shurlock Row rattled a few teeth but soon Hurst had been bypassed and we were heading towards the ford. Only Dave and Don fancied a spot of paedalavium; the rest cutting across a field of horses to Lands End. Back we went on the "North" route via Billingbear, Moss End and Nuptown and into the Great Park at Cranbourne gate. A pot of tea for six at the Village Shop and in the sun was our reward. Around 70 miles door to door.

1 comment:

mike morley said...

Congratulation Raasay Warden on a wonderful write-up of Sundays ride. Sounds like you all had a great day out. Are you riding the FNRttC - Southend on Fri 30th April which is my Aunties 81st Birthday?