Monday, June 07, 2010

Sunday, 6 June - Beam me up, Scotty

The Horsham Ovary and Nuthurst
I'm beginning to think that it is me, not them! Today's venue for 11's was Horsham Spoons. I took that to mean Wetherspoons and headed for the Horsham Ovary - not quite as easy to find as you might think. But there I was at 11.01 am and not a soul in sight. I'm either at the wrong place or they have gone already. Has everybody been sucked into the giant ovary? For a while I gazed at this anatomical anomaly, with its fallopian tube and breaking waters, but no sign was given.
Nothing for it but a gentle solo spin to nearby Nuthurst and the 'No sandwiches on Sunday' Black Horse. I was lucky enough to be able to get an over-the-'phone mortgage to pay for a half pint of shandy and sat outside, enjoying the stream and birdsong, intending to make it last until the possible arrival of a gang of C&Mers. Shortly before 1pm however, the pastoral peace was rudely broken by the outburst of an in-house jazz group. It certainly had the effect of moving me on. I toyed with the idea of retracing my path to Maplehurst and the White Horse Inn, which does sell sandwiches on Sunday, but decided instead to hightail it back home.

I wonder where they went!

Jeff


P.S. All is revealed! The group hadn't yet arrived! Bob had arrived early, been to church, was in the Lynd X but his bike was elsewhere. Next time I'll look inside! Doh!

No comments: