Monday, April 25, 2011

Sunday, 24 April

Burnham Beeches and Hedgerley
The Alternative Ride


After 35 miles of solo sweat and grunt, I arrived at Burnham Beeches just in time for Bob to tell me: "You've missed them". Never mind. It is only a couple of miles from 11's to lunch at Hedgerley. I'll have a cake and cuppa and see them at the White Horse - or shall I? No sign of them! They must have gone elsewhere. Time to see the parish church, then a gentle spin for an early tea back home. I wonder where they went.

Jeff

4 comments:

Tony said...

Mobile phones are a wonderful invention!

Pete said...

If you turn them on !
Ed said they were at the venue

Jeff said...

I'm waiting to find out where they hid their bikes - and themselves. It wasn't in the beer tent!

Jeff said...

Well, I wasn't expecting that! Bob, the Sage of C&M, has revealed all, and a mobile wouldn't have helped. Why couldn't I find them at the White Horse? The answer: because they had already bolted for home!

A prize will be presented to anybody who guessed that right?