Monday, June 11, 2012

Sunday 10th June 2012


How lucky we were. After the terrible weather forecasts all week we got away with a beautiful day's ride.

Graham met five plucky souls at Kingston Bridge and led them past sixteen muzzled greyhounds in Stanwell and onto Colnbrook where Pam and I were waiting. When we got to Burnham Beeches, Bob, Tony and Dave were already there. After tea and bacon butties nine continued to Fingest in the beautiful Chilterns via Bourne End, Cookham and Marlow. After lunch in The Chequers we returned to Hambledon Mill (lovely setting) for afternoon tea and cakes at Savill Gardens.

I think a good day was had by all; some had never been to this part of the country, but it did make it a very long day (85 miles from Kingston) for anyone living in Epsom and Tadworth areas. Just to say "Tartan socks was greatly missed!!" Thanks to one and all for making it a great day. Don’t know how many calories I used up or how many hills I climbed but it doesn’t matter so long as I didn’t blow. I live to fight another day. 

No comments: