Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday 24 March 2013

There was snow on 'them thar hills' (Box and Ranmore) and in the air when I left home this morning. By the time I reached Ockham Bites and joined Irene, Pam, Alan and Graham sheltering indoors it was fine but cold. Soon Vic and Jeff arrived and after refreshments, chat and destination discussion it was decided to return home. Meanwhile the Bites had become a meeting place for large dog owners (ie owners of large dogs), most numerous being Alsatians, Labradors and Husky/Husky variants. Snow was still falling gently south of Leatherhead on return.

I checked out part of my proposed route last Thursday and found one road being resurfaced (not before time, there was also a water main to be repaired but we could have squozen by) but the wallows on the  Drove Road leading to Newlands Corner were almost impassable due to mud, certainly not rideable. I stopped to clear mud from mudguards etc and one three year old walking by with her Mum wondered if my chain had broken.

My last lead on January 20 was also 'snowed off'' - I am next scheduled to lead in June - perhaps the weather will be a little more seasonal ?  

Terry

No comments: