Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sunday 8th September 2013

Four of us rode a favourite lane (Lonesome) to a favourite cafe (Waitrose Horley).
Free drinks all round?....................well not quite but the message is get a MyWaitrose card.

http://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/mywaitrose/splash_page14.html.html


I overshot a turning on the way to Tandridge so a fairly ok stretch of roughstuff was included on the way to lunch.
We lost Jeff on the way but we were all reunited at The Barley Mow together with the rare sight of Bob at a location beyond 11's.
After a flatish ride in the morning,the delight of Chalkpit Lane lay in front of us on the way to tea at Farleigh.
I suffered a rear tyre puncture at the top so we sent Ian on his way along the main road.
Tea was taken in cramped conditions in the church hall courtesy of the cool and wet conditions outside.



51 miles.
Mostly cool and wet,particularily around lunchtime when we avoided a beefy shower.










1 comment:

Jeff said...

Andy,
I was trying hard to smile but it just doesn't work, Next time I'll try Ed's method and say 'cheese' to show my teeth. However, that piece of cake did put a smile on my face.
Jeff