Monday, October 28, 2013

Sunday 28 October 2013

A recent calamity saw me deleting(!) myself from the blog (hence the missing photos, maps, etc). So I thought it best to get straight back into action with a new id but the same alias, RaasayWarden.

I was most surprised by a phone call at 0840 so a hurried twenty minutes later at Kingston Bridge I met up with temporary visitor, Martin, from CTC Winchester. This proved the perfect excuse for blustery detours to the University, back of Sandown Park, Fairmile Lane, a watery Cobham Tilt and The Hautbois. Thus we approached Squires West Horsley from the west.

16-18 riders was my best guess though several turned back leaving Ed to tow the remaining ten along the A246, up Staple Lane and down Coombe Bottom and into Shere via the ford. Peaslake and its MTBers came next then Ewhurst where we turned left picking up a strong tailwind which propelled us to a crowded Parrot at Forest Green. Most settled for substantial though I do wonder how miles one can ride on a bowl or mussels.

Capel was but a short distance away and we arrived well before the opening hour(1500). That wasn't a problem so a now thinned down eight enjoyed cakes and tea before dispersing. Pushed along by the wind, I reached home before five (still in the light - just) after a modest 58 miles.

Capel Church Teas 2014

March 30, April 20 & 21, May 4, 25 and 26,
June 8, July 6 and 27, August 24 and 25,
September 14, October 5 and 19, November 2 and 23.

No comments: