Sunday, February 09, 2014

Sunday February 9 2014 - The Shortest Ride?

This tale is mainly for the four hardy souls (Dave, Helene, Paul, and Hampton Man) who turned up at Hampton Court expecting a ride and were left wondering what the hell happened.

Within 20 yards of starting, a strong gust of wind caused me to hit some street furniture. I didn't fall when my right arm took the brute of the collision. Across the road outside the Mitre, I told the others to carry on. The towpath was six inches under and the cause of a second tumble so I retreated back to the pavements. Having no means of stopping and not much of steering, I deemed it safest to walk from Kingston centre to home.

Nevada June 19 2001 come to mind as the pain intensified Fortunately nobody else in A&E looked remotely sick so I was fasttracked. Same shoulder, Same complete dislocation. After arm wrestling which left me in agony, they applied a KO and I woke up feeling a whole lot better. Full marks to NHS as it only took three hours. If you get a chance, try Entonox (?, gas/air mix) - it doesn't do much for pain, but far better anything I tried back in the 60s and 70s.

No comments: