Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Sunday 21st February 2016




Eight at Poppy Cafe,Coulsdon.........a place I haven't visited for probably 20 years or so.
It's certainly in the same spot,overlooking Coulsdon Memorial Park.

http://www.poppycafe.co.uk/

The bacon sandwiches looked enticing but sadly my cappuccino wasn't up to my standard (too watery).
I will return no doubt.........I love the view over the park!
Leaving Jeff & Dave we straight away climbed Marlpit Lane to fork left past Coulsdon Common and a swift decent to Whyteleafe.
Across the A22 and the climb of Hillbury Road (B 270) to Warlingham.
Still going east to briefly join NCN 22 (the surfaced bit) past St Leonards church and north on Skid Hill Lane.
Right Sheepbarn Lane into Jewels Hill then the climb of Salt Box Hill.
Left onto the A233 past the Kings  Arms where an eagle eyed rider spotted Ian.
We took lunch in The Crown,Leaves Green.
The landlady offered sandwiches despite them not actually being available on a Sunday.........that's them sorted then I said to myself.
A direct route home for all through Selsdon and Purley past Oaks Park (no takers).

A mainly dull day with (very) occasional brightness pm.
Above 10 degrees.

No comments: