Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Sunday March 5 2017

Heavy rain made an inauspicious start to the morning, but by the time I had reached Fairoaks it was sunny and dry!  Fairoaks is always busy on Sundays so I arrived 15 minutes before opening and managed to bag three-quarters of a four-seater table!

The Squirrels, Vic, Paul and Pam braved the weather to join me at elevenses, and Vic, Pam and I continued to lunch.  Expecting mud and heavy showers I curtailed the planned route to Lake End and we rode to The Windlesora at Windsor via Windlesham, South Ascot, Ascot race course and the west side of Windsor Great Park.  Tony Hopkins joined us for lunch and the rest of the ride

We were lucky with the showers, just a few light ones during the ride and a heavy one while we were at lunch.  Return was via Datchet, Wraysbury and Staines to Laleham for tea.  I continued without stopping for tea and clouds were gathering ominously as I reached Walton!   About 45 miles and 340 metres of ascent so not a bad effort by us all considering the weather forecast!
 
Dave

No comments: