Saturday, April 22, 2017

Easter Tour 2017

Enormous thanks as ever to Ann & Steve for all the hard work in planning and organising yet another very successful Easter Tour to Falfield near Bristol including a ride over the Severn Bridge and up to Tintern Abbey. In all I did 361 extremely hard and cruel miles for me. I rode my Van Nic for the first time in full touring mode with panniers only to find that some of the hills were just too severe for an old and rather declining man (also not in good Nic!). The gears were not low enough and I will have to lower for my next tour (Birthday Rides). I hope I can manage the IOW Randonee next weekend. Hope to see you on that Graham Holder.
Congratulations also to Simon L on his first Easter tour he seemed to really enjoy it and with the help of Neil's OS map plotted a homeward rout on his Garmin to bring us home from Streetly YHA on Tuesday through country lanes, some rough stuff and along the Thames Tow Path for much of the way, eventually back via Virginia Water and Ascot race course then Walton Bridge, Esher and Claygate for me, 60 miles on the day.

Some photo's of the tour.


Above Good Friday on the Ridgeway.

Below Peter Southworth and Simon having fun


Below Severn Bridge
 

No comments: