Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Years Eve Ride

As it was new years eve the plan was for just 11's at the Golden cafe Adlestone. Dave, Done and Bob were already seated when I arrived. Graham, Irene and Pam, Alan and Vic arrived around 11 as did Terry and eventually Ray. Big discussion as to the possibility of going on to lunch somewhere and a split decision was reached. Dave, Don, Alan, Graham and Bob headed home, Vic and Terry opted for the Saddlers arms at Send and Pam, Irene, Ray and myself headed  for Windsor and the Windlesora for lunch with Pam leading.
 
 
A pleasent lunch and off home via Datchet where I left the other 3 and headed towards Poyle. Just as I reached Harmondsworth the heavens opened and it was torrential for the next 5 miles, like riding along a stream!  It eased off just before I reached home but by then water ingress was nearly total, Still it meant I reached my mileage goal. A Happy new year to all and safe cycling in 2018.

Tony..

No comments: