Monday, July 30, 2018

Sunday 29 July



Of all the fine, warm, sunny Sundays we've had this summer I had to go and pick the wet, windy and cool one for my ride!   Undeterred, I battled the elements (and the Pru Ride) to elevenses at Clandon Park Garden Centre not expecting any company, but was very pleased to be joined there by Bob, Ed, Lilian, Graham, Vic and Lena Clarke.  We lingered over our scones hoping for an improvement in the weather but none came, so we reluctantly decided to commute the lunch destination to Wetherspoons at Guildford.  Wind and rain continued unabated as we rode there but traffic was unusually light at least until Guildford town centre.   We paused briefly and without envy en route to watch the Pru riders turning to ride up to Newlands Corner.  After lunch and mindful of the continuing rain some chose to take an alternative route home, but Vic and I set off to ride towards Ripley.  I left him at Wisley Church and headed off up Muddy Lane where I had to dismount and force my way through the path, which is now heavily overgrown with dripping brambles, timing my arrival at Byfleet perfectly just in time to watch the London-Surrey Classic go past!

No comments: