Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sunday 29 September 2019

The weather seems to be wet and windy for most of the runs I lead and today was no exception!  It was a pretty filthy start and I was surprised and grateful to see both Vic and Graham not only turn up at elevenses, but also express an interest in continuing on my ride!   Even so, no one had much enthusiasm as we set off westwards from Fairoaks in steady rain, but we persevered.  Things weren't too bad until we got to Deepcut, where Vic and I  somehow, and very improbably, managed to get separated from Graham!  Search as we might, we could not find him!   Anyway, it turned out all was well as I had a call from him while  at lunch with Vic in The Royal Oak at Pirbright.   Just a communications breakdown, as usual!  A fast ride home propelled by the wind, along with further bursts of rain, finished off a mediocre day!

Sadly, changes being mooted to the C&M rides programme mean the C&M may no longer be the club for me.   This then may well have been the last C&M ride I ever lead (a good job too, I hear you say!), my last C&M blog entry, and almost my final ride with the C&M.   I hope this will prove not to be the case, but, if it does, I take this opportunity to thank you all for the rides we have enjoyed together over the past 20+ years, and to wish you well.

Dave

No comments: