Sunday, February 16, 2020

Sunday 16 Feb - the ride that wasn't

The two Sundays I've been able to cycle so far this year have been named Storm Ciara and Storm Dennis.    Just my luck.  Here are some pictures from Pete Beyer of braver souls, the Tadworth Fat Boys, showing that they are hardier than myself.
Tadworth Fat Boys, Underwater Section

David Ward and I both made it to elevenses, him on a bike and myself part train, part bike.  The weather wasn't awful, just bad: fairly heavy rain showers, a strong wind and a lot of standing water on the road.   But we both decided that it would be more fun to ride on a different day, and caught the train home.

One point for attendance, minus ten for weather awareness.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Simon, I think that the adjective to describe the TFBs is not 'hardier' but 'foolhardier'.
But I'm sure it will all come out in the wash.
Jeff