Sunday, April 26, 2020

Stayin' Alive

I expected cyclists but never this many with all groups (excluding families)  four or less.

No surprise that I was overtaken constantly before Walton Bridge but they were everywhere! I even passed three family groups on the concrete road near Send prison. The only time I was free of them was crossing Esher Common (hard work on my road tyres) but plentiful walkers despite  Elmbridge closing many of its car parks.

Not a regular route of mine, I passed the old Dairycrest HQ in Claygate which is going residential. The red you know what is still there (TQ148644).

Last Thursday I met Dave coming the other way in Hersham before sampling the footpath across the golf course south of Wisley Bridge. What a contrast to the sewage works and Muddy Lane on the other side of the road. Without any guided missiles, it was a delight being tarmac'ed except at the extreme ends. Only problem - it doesn't go anywhere (ok, to the canal).

No comments: