Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Norwesters take a different route


Sunday the 18th of September

The Old Moat at Epsom was the 11's for this Sunday's ride. I arrived with Pam to find a crowd already partaking of various fare.

The lunch destination was the Sportsman at Mogador. Ed, Maureen, Pam and I decided to forego the pleasures of Chalk Lane and head to Charlton and the Harrow pub for lunch. We headed to Esher via Claygate, Molesey and over Walton bridge, the edge of Shepperton and onto lunch. Prior, the landlady welcomed us and even greeted me by name, she remembered me having taken the b's there earlier this year.


Lunch was good and soon served. As usual plenty of banter, then alas time to go, no one opted for a tea stop, Pam headed West, while Ed, Maureen and I headed East and along some nice off-road cycle paths, we parted company at Hampton. As the coffee machine at the Harrow was out of order I headed into Hampton Hill for a coffee at the Black Olive, my usual breakfast restaurant, for my afternoon tea stop, Being a regular, today my coffee was free, nice end to the day.

 Tony..

 

No comments: