Sunday, December 11, 2022

Ride Report - Sunday 11 December 2022

Today was very, very cold and unrelievedly gloomy day, probably the antithesis of good cycling weather!  Still, not for nothing is 'Per ardua ad Wetherspoons' the unofficial motto of the Cheam & Morden and no less than two of us (Keith and I) mustered at elevenses at The Old Moat Garden Centre to fly the flag. 

Flag flying is one thing, but continuing to lunch on such a beastly day would have been going over and beyond, so we unanimously resolved to end the official ride at elevenses and make our own ways home from there.   

The catering arrangements at The Old Moat were fine but the heating arrangements were less than optimal and I started off from elevenses already cold, so the next part of my ride found me 'well chilled'!   I hope Keith fared better!

No comments: