Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sunday 17th January 2010

After endless days of freezing temperatures, things were getting back to normal in my locality so the Sunday Clubrun had a good chance of taking place.
At NC I found Keith, John, Graham, Ed & Mike waiting for me to lead via the suburbs of south London to the hills of Kent.
Jeff joined us at 11's and in bright sunshine we continued east to Twitton for (liquid) lunch. A delightful spot with fine views of the weald from the pub garden.
A partial route re-trace...... High Elms, Keston, Coney Hall and the familiar "three-half penny wood" course to the tea stop at Coombe Wood.
This particular place has featured on runs lists as far back as I can recall........ anyone remember the chinese man, his abacus and homemade jam doughnuts?
Nowadays, leather "sink in" comfy chairs & Sunday papers are the rule.


Apologies to the members who made an effort riding out to The Cap in Hand after reading my last post, in particular, Pete Mitchell who put the word round................ I failed to turn up, still in bed.

No comments: