Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sunday 26th June 2011

I arrived at Beare Green to find Bob & Don sitting outside the Blue Moon café but sans refreshment.Grrrr .........the place was closed AGAIN.Keith & co considered alternatives whilst I removed 2 thorns from my rear tyre.Thanks for the inner tube with longggggg valve Ed and soon we were heading toward Rusper Golf Club.
Nice spot this with plenty of outside seating on this,a non-typical summer's day 25°+ temperature.
Post midday we departed for lunch at Staplefield via Rusper,Colgate & Slaugham.Another nice spot with most drinkers avoiding the strong sun in the shady garden.
A late tea was enjoyed at Brockham by all..........including Brian Greenwood with his family.
Pebblecombe Hill was a nightmare with a combination of closing of the Betchworth crossing twice in 3 minutes & a broken down car stuck half-way up.

62.3 miles (from Ewell).

I spot North Holmwood church serving teas right through the next 2 months until the end of August every Sunday.
http://www.stjohns-northholmwood.info/diary/events_diary.php

LOL corner.......

My mate's missus left him last Thursday, she said she was going out
for a pint of milk and never come back!
I asked him how he was coping and he said, "Not bad, I've been using
that powdered stuff."

No comments: