Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday 23rd Sept.
A lovely run to Knockholt, only a slight splattering of rain.  Was pleased with my return route, particularly at Hawley's Corner where I took the "private road", Chestnut Avenue, which got me to the top of the road out of Westerham without losing any height.  Then a straight run to Woldingham, Caterham, Coulsdon.  Unfortunately the rain got heavier and  on my last uphill to Banstead my chain broke, I walked to the top, persuaded the bus driver of the S1 to let me on with bike and got bus to Sutton and train to South Merton so home safely.  Steph

2 comments:

mike morley said...

Bad luck Steff I had a very wet Obbotson Cake Quest ride and the final hill up by Fannies was like a river as was tha lane past the Well House Pub.

mike morley said...

Bad luck Steff I had a very wet Obbotson Cake Quest ride and the final hill up by Fannies was like a river as was tha lane past the Well House Pub.