Monday, May 27, 2013





Cheam & Morden A (alternative) Ride 26/5/2013


Living in West London does mean that some C&M rides are way to far just to get to 11's and then lunch even further South. As this weeks ride was one such ride I opted for an excursion along with Pam and Terry on a route reccy ride. I met Pam at Chertsey Meades and then onto Guilford to meet Terry for 11's at Weatherspoons.

We left 11's and meandered our way (with a few detours) to Witley and lunch at the White Hart where we dined in the garden in splendid sunshine, it was hard to leave and get back on the bikes but we did.

More meandering on a very circular route and we reached Farncoombe boat house for afternoon tea and cake by the water, again in glorious sunshine. It was idyllic and I half expected to see Mr Toad, Ratey and Mole join us for tea.

Back to realisation and time for the cycle home. Terry left us for Dorking just before Guildford and Pam and I parted company at Chertsey. Although an unofficial C&M ride it was a lovely day's cycling. I am glad I missed the long C&M ride for the shorter version, I managed just over 90 miles door to door.
Tea at Farncoombe Boathouse

No comments: