Friday, May 10, 2013

Sunday 5th May 2013

It's been a while but today I was in good spirits for a jaunt down to the Sussex borders.
It was a delight to pick up a new member Lilian (far right in pic) in Leatherhead but I was soon "£$%^&*()! due to a puncture just after Givons Grove.
So we were the late arrivals at Rusper Golf Club........aww gawd we were here last week!!!....................yep I didn't realise (doh).
Just a tad warm in the greenhouse that's their conservatory so I was keen to get going to lunch.
The route to Maplehurst is a real pleasure,particulary the St Leonards Forest  and the lanes to the west of Lower Beeding.
A real hamlet with a crossroads where we find the White Horse.
All dined alfresco with the food arriving briskly.
The brief sunny intervals allowed my head to turn a reddish colour ............nice........ouch!
I took a decision (with all in agreement) to take the bridleway in Nuthurst that goes uphill to Sedgewick Park.
The recent "resurfacing" meant the majority rode this handy short cut to avoid Copsale.
On the outskirts of Horsham,another puncture for me so Jeff took the helm whilst I struggled to inflate the borrowed tube...........thanks Ed.
A resident noticed me and produced a Park Tools track pump no less :-).......but I was about to make things worse.I was clueless to know how the valve connector should be when it's in a "locked" position.
In the process I managed to wreck Ed's tube so I was forced to mend the previous puncture.
But with nearly 90 psi in the mended rear tyre I flew along to join the others at Capel.
A piece of the lemon drizzle in the system and we went our mostly separate ways.

No comments: