Sunday, January 15, 2017

Sunday the 15th Ride Report


I had a phone call at around 8.30am from Alan asking me if we could meet and cycle to 11's together, I agreed we could meet at Isleworth fire station and he agreed, 10 minutes later he phoned again after looking at the weather and said he would meet me there; he never made it! Well it was raining when I left home to cycle the 10 miles to Vermeulens and was still raining when I arrived.

Vic was already there and we were soon joined by Bill and Margaret, soon after Pam and Brian Bent arrived. We sat chatting and drinking coffee but the rain never stopped and we decided to call it a day, the weather forecast did say it could clear later but along with the cold it didn't make for pleasant cycling.

I returned virtually the way I had come and only managed a meagre 20 miles, I was glad to get in doors and dry out and warm-up and listen to the pitter patter of rain on the conservatory roof with a nice bowl of soup.

No comments: