Monday, August 20, 2018

19th August 2018

19th August 2018
UPPER HALLIFORD - SEND - CHOBHAM 
It was a dry, cool morning as I cycled to Squires where Bob, Graham and Dave were already seated. We were joined by Alan, Ray, Terry, Bill and Lena.    Upon departing from Squires, Bob, Bill, Lena and Alan went their own ways whilst the rest of us made our way to Walton, along the river road to Weybridge then used a path by the church to Weybridge station.  Through the car park where, at this point for a few yards?, we opted for Graham's suggested route. After crossing the railway on our way to New Haw Lock, Graham showed me another path which I had not reccied! 

We stayed on the River Wey, crossed over Dodd's Bridge along Dodd's Lane to Pyrford Road.  From here it was a straight forward ride to The Sadler's Arms at Send.  It was easily one o'clock before arriving at the pub - and I had been concerned we would be early!  Whilst t'others continued to the pub, I called on V-CC members Ann and Les, who live in Send to collect my raffle prize.   They had kindly bought it back from camp for me. Couldn't manage a track pump on my Moulton on the train!
Whilst at lunch, Graham had worked out a route to take us to afternoon tea in Cobham.  I should explain that when I reccied this ride The Barley Mow at W, Horsley wasn't serving food and no sandwiches at The King William 1V, hence the change of lunch venue.  Send to Ripley, just a little too close! - hence tea at Cobham.

We followed Graham through roads and paths which led us on to Clandon Road, into Tithe Barns Lane and straight on along the concrete farm road, across Ripley Lane into Silkmore Lane. The surface here was a little too soft to ride so we turned back and continued along Ripley Lane, then familiar roads to Cobham where Terry left us for home whilst four stopped for tea in Sainsbury's.
Thank you all for coming on the ride and Graham for sharing the lead :)  I truly enjoyed the day for it suited me as I was feeling a little weary from riding my Moulton Super Four (14" wheels and only 3 gears, not 4!) around the Sussex country side last week. We stayed at Plumpton College near to Ditchling.

 The River Wey
Pam

No comments: