Sunday, August 26, 2018

26 August - Not the Frog & Nightgown

I was very disappointed and surprised to see a large turnout at elevenses today.   There was some kind of weird weather thing going on, with water falling from the sky - I forget what it's called.   But it didn't deter eleven riders from turning up at the Musette café in Dorking - the record going to Alan with a 24 mile ride into a fresh wind.   
Not shown: David W & Simon (who rode to lunch)
and Alan who rode home from 11s.

Having swapped with Graham so I could attend my brother's surprise birthday party a few weeks ago, it was my turn to lead, and the route was straight into the wind.  I was secretly hoping that no-one would be foolish enough to ride in such conditions.   But the C&M crowd are made of stronger stuff.   Slightly stronger anyway - there wasn't much enthusiasm to go south, so we settled on a compromise destination of Leatherhead Wetherspoons where we enjoyed an early lunch before going our separate ways.

Thankyou all for your company, and thankyou also for not voting to go to the Frog & Nightgown.   Another time.
 

No comments: