Saturday, September 22, 2018

Sunday September 30 2018

Several of you have been emailed but if not read on.

With such a poor forecast (yellow warning) I suspect there won't be a full ride tomorrow. But I'll cycle to Henfold with "swimming" gear and take it from here.I did speak to our local correspondent last Wednesday - we think Henfold is open but if not 11s will be at Tanhouse Farm.

And so it proved.....

If this year is remembered, it'll be because of its weather. This was yet another C&M ride which ended at 11s. I didn't need drumming on the Velux to tell me I was in for a wet ride. Heavy before noon, and drizzle after meant  full car headlights and deep puddles.

Dave was tucking into breakfast at a rebuilt Henfold Lakes. The prices are higher (eg cake £3.50 a slice) but other things haven't changed - specifically the approach road. I'd arrived soaked despite my best waterproofs (Goretex, Sealskins, etc) so when we left around 1115 it was in differing directions! I went back the way I'd come, Dave headed for Horsham hoping for a helpful tailwind. Frustratingly the rain stopped five minutes from home and an hour later it was blue skies and patchy cloud. Sadly I don't have second sight!

1 point: GFH, Dave W

1 comment:

mike morley said...

Well done Graham, you certainly had to pay the penalty for being rides leader and turn up. Not sure if your local scout informant is away but even he did not arrive at Henfold by all accounts! Well done Dave for getting in the extra miles and scoring attendance points. As for me even when the sun came out mid afternoon I did not step on the bike but the gas of my MG.TF to give it a quick spin and try and dry out the soaking soft top.
By way of advance warning I hope to make the C&M AGM but it's on the afternoon of the KPRC re-run K2W so might struggle to get there. At the moment I am looking for a lift back from Worthing as I doubt I could make the return trip in one piece. There is of course the train assuming Southern are not on strike.