Sunday, December 23, 2018

Sunday the 23/12/2018

The day before Christmas eve and it dawned wet! I left home about 9.15 and the rain had stopped. About half way to Squires at Long Ditton I had to stop and take off my rain top as the weather was very mild. On arriving at Squires Dave was already tucking into a full English and Bob had also arrived. Slowly the throng arrived,Simon, Paul, Carolyn, Pam and then Ed, the days leader.

No rush today and we lingered at 11's only leaving around 11.30. A lovely route to Wetherspoons at Leatherhead with no rain. Very local knowledge from Ed saw us arrive in good time Dave had left us at 11,s and Carolyn left us at Leatherhead before lunch.

Again we lingered over an enjoyable lunch. On departure Ed and Simon headed towards Ewell while Pam, Paul and I headed for Cobham where Paul turned for home and I followed Pam along Seven Hills road towards Walton, we parted company at the mini roundabout near Whitelys village and I head for Molesey and Hampton stopping briefly at my Sons before heading home in the dark.

Although a dank and dismal day a good ride with cheery folk.

Tony..

No comments: