Friday, March 13, 2020

Sunday's Ride (15/03/20)

I experienced little difficulty reaching Shamley Green on Wednesday but if the truth be known I spent Thursday morning thoroughly cleaning my bike.

With the C word growing ever important and the weather conditions staying as they are, I suspect some may not wish to repeat my experience this Sunday.

The Downlink was fine but the path off to Shamley Green was watery! The alternatives are the even hillier routes from Farley Green or Chilworth or the B2128, not a road for us slowcoaches.

So the question is: should we switch the lunch to say Woking Wetherspoons? Chosen as there are no rail services through Guildford (or Kingston, or Staines to Windsor). We can decide when we meet at 11s on Sunday assuming that's still possible.

PS I've received an email from Brunel University seeking views on road cycling. If anyone cares to complete their online questionnaire, just shout and I'll forward the email. Prizes to be won.

No comments: