Monday, May 25, 2020

Higher And Higher

Following recent government guidelines my ride today measured 29 miles(or 58 if the truth be known).

The start was all too familiar - Kingston Gate, Teddington Lock, NPL, Duke's Passage and Hampton to Lower Sunbury. I escaped from the strings of cyclists using Walton Bridge. After Addlestone came the descent through Row Town then West Byfleet. After last Sunday's experience, I stuck to the roads through Sheerwater (large erection), past Woking FC and Sutton Green and into Guildford by my usual route with plenty of new build going up beside the railway.

Who else "lived" here?
Since lock-down started there's been a dearth of hills for me to "enjoy". This I rectified by climbing up through Onslow Village to the A31 which was easily crossed. Then it was swiftly down to Watts Gallery (open) and along a sandy NCN 22 to Puttenham. After a look-see of the hop fields and refreshments it was under A31 north to Christmaspie,  east along the track to White Hart Lane Wood Street and Guildford hence home along the A3 route.

No comments: