Sunday, November 08, 2020

C&M solo ride, well me and my shadow.

 A mild day with some sun. I decided to meander and explore some new possible routes and was successful. Some lovely off road gravel paths through Hanworth park. Once at Feltham I thought I'd take Bedfont lane and pass the school where Feltham road club used to meet many years ago. But the level crossing has gone and the only way across is a footbridge, which is not yet finished.

There is another option by going over the bridge but I had made my mind up by then for a different option and headed up Harlington road west and the route through Heathrow and passed the vast, but nearly empty, Covid testing station.

I had decided to stop at the Costa Coffee at Stockley park as they have loos. Sadly the loos were closed but they did have a Christmas tree 😄 Sadly none of the presents had my name on it. Coffee and a sandwich sitting outside and off to explore some of the new paths that have now appeared. 


 Coming out onto the West Drayton road and past the old tractor that is now beginning to disappear in the overgrown fuana.

On past Hillingdon hospital and on to Iver and through the Orchards residential park where I met a group of 6 cyclists who had a variation on the rule of 2? I upped the pace and quickly passed this wayward group. Now down past the edge of Slough and into Ditton park and onto Datchet

                                                                       Ditton manor

                                                                  Ditton manor church

Wraysbury, where it started to get colder and a brief stop to add a layer,Staines, Ashford and down to Feltham and onto Hampton and home. An enjoyable ride and some new paths, as it was getting chilly now me and my shadow raced the last few miles, I wish. .

Tony..
 


1 comment:

Tim C said...

It would be interesting to see a map of your route. You went quite a way beyond our usual orbit.

Tim