Monday, November 02, 2020

Sunday the 1st November (the ride into lockdown)

Left home heading for Runnymede and within a mille the puncture fairy struck my front wheel. Managed to sort it reasonably quickly and headed off again, within 500metres  the level crossing barrier went down! More delay.Off again and I took the shortest route to 11's.

 
Photo courtesy Simon

I arrived at 10.50 and 3 were seated, outside. Dave, Pam and Simon who only came to 11's. In  the present circumstances it is a good venue. Slight delay while I topped up on refreshments, (and duck food, but that's another story). Not feeling at my best after a cold, yes just a cold. I headed for the lunch venue which was only 11 miles but through suburbia. The nice little off road path to  the Staines-Runnymede road  and then Moor lane, the off road section had stretches submerged but luckily not too much mud. Then onto roads I know well having cycled regularly North of the M4.

Photo courtesy Pam

On reaching our lunch destination and looking forward to a coffee, we found it closed due to illness. Mmmmm, complete change of route plan and we headed into Stockley park and to Costa for refreshments and natural breaks. Nice really considering and we sat outside undercover. Heading back via Cranford and the Hounslow heath and onto Hanworth, at this point I was on my last legs, the cold had taken it's toll. We had decided on not stopping for tea and at this point I turned left for Hampton and home, Dave and Pam continued towards Haliford.

I stopped  twice more to let my legs gather strength before the last mile and a half home. I did enjoy the ride but was glad to get home. Thank you Pam and Dave for bearing with me and to Simon for the small group photo.

Finally, best wishes for a speedy recovery to Ed, Ray, Terry and Lillian, at least you can take a month off without having to send in your sick note

No comments: