Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Sunday December 27 2020 - Another Ride That Never Was

Firstly an apology to anyone who felt formal cancellation of Sunday's ride was needed.

But I couldn't waste a fine cycling day. After Bella and a lengthy call from a blue toothless caller, departure was late (after 11). Via Walton I reached Sainsbury's Cobham (the printed 11s) around 1215; unsurprisingly I didn't recognise any bikes.

Bella had left plenty of wet roads though none deep enough for wet feet. Taking no chances by Downside I went to Ripley (both cafes closed) before turning for home.

Muddy Lane has a new signpost! Its predecessor lay vandalised when last I passed this way.

It's hard to believe that there's a pandemic going on. Town centres may be largely empty but open spaces,  parks, Thames side, Muddy Lane, the Weybridge sewage path, etc etc were crowded as never before!

Roll on spring

No comments: